Saturday, April 30, 2011

smooth as butter

Last night was the first night I spent away from Banks.  Brian and I are in Charleston for an event with his work, so Miss B and Granna (Brian's Mom) are getting some quality time together.  I have done alot better than I thought I would, but still, I can't wait to get home and kiss her face!  We left yesterday morning and will be back this evening. 

Yesterday, I walked around downtown Charleston and got a little retail therapy.  The weather was perfect and it was nice not really being on a schedule - Brian was in a meeting all day.  I bought a ladybug charm for my bracelet since I was missing B and it was my first night away.  When I saw people with their babies, my heart did ache a little.  We had a dinner to go to last night and I couldn't help but watch the clock in anticipation of bath time.  It really is my favorite part of the day with Banks because she just loves her bath so much!  The report from Granna after bath time was "she went down at 9pm smooth as butter."  Mommy was feeling good about that!

Today, I am hitting the spa (on the company tab!) and getting a Mommy reboot.  All of this is fun, and I know that Banks is in the loving care of Granna, but man, I really miss that smiling face.  B-Bug, Mommy will be home soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment